Monday, February 10, 2014

Just For Girls: Stories of Success



Rachel Thomas
My high school experience at John Muir High School would not have been the same without the YWCA’s Just For Girls program. The good food and interesting discussions were enough to get me in the door every week. What I loved most about the group was the people — the new friends I met and the kindhearted leaders who quickly became my role models. I was lucky enough to be a part of the Just For Girls pilot program at Muir High School in 1999. When the leaders saw my talent for recruiting more members, I was lucky enough to get hired! I remember feeling so honored. Even though I only worked five hours a week, their faith in me inspired me to believe in myself. It was this kind of leadership that touched me and so many other girls in the Just For Girls program. Cheers to 15 years of inspiration!

Today, Rachel is an educational speaker on the topics of Media Influence and Sex Trafficking Prevention.  To find out more http://www.sowerseducationgroup.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment